SLIDES FOR INTRODUCTION TO LOGIC
A pdf version of this document can be found HERE.
The file contains the class material for the following items:
- Definition of propositional calculus.
- Definition of proposition.
- Definition of declarative sentence. Examples.
- Formalization and formal languages.
- Simple and compound statements. Examples.
- Connectives: negation, disjunction, exclusive or, conjunction, implication and biconditional.
- Table truth for those connectives.
- Converse, contrapositive and inverse of an implication.
- Translating English sentences.